Other title(s): SEAMEO experiences of primary learning metrics
Organisation(s): Australian Council for Educational Research; Southeast Asian Primary Learning Metrics; Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization
Pages: 38 p.
The purpose of this desk review is to provide a high level overview of large scale assessments in at the primary school level in SEAMEO countries with a view to informing the aims and objectives, content areas and target populations of a possible regional assessment programme. To this end, this review will: 1) descriptively map SEAMEO member country participation with learning metrics in primary education by describing general features of learning metrics and country participation, specifically with hybrid and large scale assessments (international, regional and national); and 2) broadly examine innovative approaches and lessons learned with learning metrics for implementation, capacity building and policymaking in SEA countries, and in low and middle income countries in general.
- Early Grade Mathematics Assessment
- Systems Approach for Better Education Results
- East Asia Learning Achievement Study
- Early Grade Reading Assessment
- OECD. Programme for International Student Assessment, PISA
- Programme d'analyse des systèmes éducatifs de la CONFEMEN
- Russian Education Aid for Development
- Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study
- Literacy Boost
- Progress in International Reading Literacy Study